Monday, September 8, 2014

Visualizing The Field of Teaching

I am two weeks in.  My role as a lecturer has settled into a sweet spot.  I wasn't sure just how the transition from teaching second graders to teaching college freshman would go, but I've been pleasantly surprised.  There really are more similarities between the seven-year-olds and college students than I ever would have imagined!  One thing that this experience has already done for me, is to highlight my love and passion for teaching.  I have learned that it really doesn't matter how old my students are.

Last week I asked my students to individually brainstorm the qualities of excellence in teaching.  Then, in small groups they needed to create a visual representation of their ideas and share out with the class.  Here are some of their ideas:




Can you guess what they are representing?  

No comments:

Post a Comment