Wednesday, October 29, 2014

6 word memoirs

I recently participated in the first call-back day for the NIWP/Doceo Core Summer Institute I took this summer. It was such a powerful reminder of the importance of community!  I really love the diversity of my cohort, and was surprised at how easy it was to fall back into our familiar community.  One of my favorite takeaways from the day was an activity called the 6-word memoir. I've found myself thinking in 6-word phrases on multiple occasions since then.  The basic idea is to create a personal narrative using only 6 words.  You can view a YouTube video containing several examples of the idea here.  This is a national project that has been picked up by classrooms and individuals of all ages around the world. You can see more amazing examples on this website. Our class used a Google Slide document, with every member creating at least one page (with a background photo and text) in the group project. Here is one of the pages that I created following a road trip the day before:

Welcome home, worth the long drive.
File:The Long Road Ahead.jpg













Here's another that reflects my overall thinking of the moment:


No really, you can do anything.

File:Swiss Jungfrau mountains.

Want to give it a try?  What is your  six-word memoir today? Click here to leave your memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment