Thursday, August 21, 2014

Juggling Act

Hold on tight......this is going to be a bumpy transition!  Today I took part in my first official training to become a TA as well as my first department meeting for Curriculum & Instruction.  While the learning curve is fairly steep (especially in designing the online course format), I am more concerned with my ability to juggle my various roles as instructor, graduate student, mother and wife.  There is such an intense demand for my time, that I'm feeling frazzled even before it's really begun at all. If only I could replicate myself....


I was also very disheartened to see my teaching space.  The tables were pushed against one wall and were buried under and piles of piles of miscellaneous math manipulatives, papers, and posters.  In the middle of the room were a stack of cardboard boxes waiting to be recycled. I'm not sure who it belongs to, but I'm sure hoping it will be gone in the next three days. This is definitely not the back-to-school routine that I'm used to!


No comments:

Post a Comment